Workers compensation coverage provides workers with wage loss, vocational rehabilitation, impairment awards and healthcare benefits when they are injured at work. It also protects employers from lawsuits from workers who are injured at work.
Most businesses in Manitoba that employ workers are required to register for workers compensation coverage.
If it turns out that your business is not required to have workers compensation coverage, you may want to consider purchasing optional coverage. Optional coverage is available at very competitive rates and can serve to enhance the benefit package you provide to your workers.
If you employ workers, or believe you might employ workers in the near future, please complete our Online Employer Registration. We can then determine if your business is required to have WCB coverage for your workers.
NOTE: For more information about coverage, call us at 204-954-4505 or toll free in Canada 1-855-954-4321, extension 4505. We’re here to help.
Learn more about:
- Mandatory vs. Optional Coverage
- Coverage for Business Owners
- Online Employer Registration
- Purchasing a Business
- Appealing an Assessment Decision
- Seasonal Businesses
- Coverage for Trucking
- Personal Coverage FAQ
Related Fact Sheets and Publications
- Alternative Assessment Procedure Fact Sheet
- Appealing an Assessment Decision Fact Sheet
- Coverage for Contract Workers Fact Sheet
- Coverage for the Farming Industry Fact Sheet
- Fines and Penalties Fact Sheet
- Production Companies Fact Sheet
- Personal Coverage for Business Owners Fact Sheet
Related Policies and Guidelines
- Policy 31.05.05, Rate Setting for the General Body of Employers (Employers in Class E)
- Policy 31.05.20, Transfer of Employer Cost Experience on Change of Ownership
- Policy 35.05,10 Reporting and Verifying Payroll
- Policy 35.05.20 Paying and Refunding Premiums
- Policy 35.10.40, Compensation Coverage for Union Activities
- Policy 35.10.50, Status of Workers - Independent Contractors and Employers
- Policy 35.10.60, Coverage Under a Work Experience Program
- Policy 35.10.70, Coverage for Volunteers
- Policy 35.10.120, Terms and Conditions of Optional and Personal Coverage