Please note - you must report your actual payroll and your estimated payroll by the last day of February even if the amount is zero. Failure to do so will result in penalties and potentially, an additional administrative fee.
Online Payroll Reporting
Access the Online Annual Payroll Reporting application now for the easiest, fastest and most reliable method of reporting 2016/2017 Payroll Information. Online Payroll Reporting is a secure Internet application allowing employers to report their payroll figures to the WCB, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Payroll Reporting – Paper Form
If you are using a paper form to provide annual payroll information, click here to access an interactive copy of the form with comprehensive information to help you determine what information is required.
If you prefer, you can access the Help document in a single page here
What information do I need to provide my annual payroll information?
Before you begin, you should have the following information available so you can complete your submission:
- 2016 financial records, T-4 and/or T-4A summaries
- Records of amounts paid for regular, contract or casual labour in 2016
- Any other records you need to estimate your 2017 payroll
- WCB Account Number
- Six-digit Access Code if you are submitting your annual payroll through the online application. This can be found on the Annual Payroll Reporting letter mailed to you in January
- Date workers were/will be hired
- Information pertaining to sale if the business was purchased
The WCB calculates your annual premium using your annual payroll estimate. Whether you are required to, or choose to, cover your workers, one of your primary obligations under The Workers Compensation Act is to submit accurate payroll information each year before the last day in February.
Once the WCB receives your payroll estimate, it is multiplied by your premium rate to determine a premium amount. The minimum annual premium is $100.
You are not required to send payment to the WCB when you submit your payroll information. Payment will be due according to your Account Statement which we will mail to you after your payroll information is received.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
The Assessment Services Department is available to answer your questions. Call 204-954-4505 (Winnipeg), 1-855-954-4321, ext. 4505 (toll free in Canada and the United States) or email AssessmentServices@wcb.mb.ca. Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you are copying a payroll form issued to one of the employers you represent to use for other clients, please cover the bar code before photocopying.
Learn more about:
- Maximum Assessable Payroll
- Reporting Payroll For Workers Outside Manitoba
- Submitting Your Annual Payroll Form
- Paying Your Premium
- Reporting Changes in Payroll Estimates
- Reporting and Paying for Personal Coverage
- Penalties and Interest
Related Fact Sheets and Publications
- Annual Payroll Form
- Appealing an Assessment Decision Fact Sheet
- Assessable Payroll Fact Sheet
- Assessment Schedule for Contract Labour Fact Sheet
- Coverage for Contract Workers Fact Sheet
- Fines and Penalties Fact Sheet