In 2018, the Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba began sponsoring the WCB Return to Work Award as part of the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce annual Manitoba Business Awards.
Presented and judged by the WCB, the award is given each fall to the Manitoba business that has developed the most outstanding return to work program.
All applicants are evaluated based on their ability to develop a culture of return to work in their organization with measurable results.
- What was the motivation for your organization to develop and implement a formal return to work program?
- Are your leaders trained in all facets of the return to work planning process?
- How did you ensure that your return to work program was accessible and understood by all of your employees?
- How does your organization promote return to work within your corporate culture?
- What outcome measures do you use to determine if your return to work program has met the motivators used in developing your program?
2019 Return to Work Award Winner
The 2019 winner of the WCB Return to Work Award was Actionmarguerite, beating out fellow nominees Birchwood Automotive Group and Donwood Manor.
Actionmarguerite has invested heavily in people over the last few years, with pro-active programs like the Gentle Persuasive Approach in resident care and return to work for staff. It is this focus on people that helped them realize a decrease in work injury time loss by 87% over a three-year period at their three locations. Actionmarguerite has facilities in St. Boniface, St. Vital and the Maples in Winnipeg including one that provides services in French.
Each year, the Manitoba Business Awards recognizes businesses from all four corners of Manitoba that have achieved a standard of excellence in the community through their abilities, efforts and initiatives.
2020 Return to Work Award Nominations
Employers interested in applying may do so during the application period by filling out and submitting the 2020 Application Form.
The application period for 2021 will be starting soon. The deadline for submissions will be announced.
Application Form ─ Coming Soon
Return to Work Award Winners and Nominees