If you are bringing out of province workers or contractors to Manitoba, you are responsible to ensure that they have WCB coverage. If your contractors are not registered with the WCB, coverage becomes your responsibility.

For more information, contact our Assessment Services Department.


In Winnipeg: 204-954-4505

Toll-free: 1-855-954-4321, ext. 4505

In order to reduce the burden of registering with the compensation boards in every Canadian jurisdiction you travel to or through, all provinces and territories in Canada participate in the Alternative Assessment Procedure (AAP). This allows you to pay your WCB costs only to the workers compensation agencies where your workers/contractors live.

Download the Alternative Assessment Procedure FAQ

Download the Application for the Alternative Assessment Procedure (AAP)

Workers compensation coverage for Farm and Agricultural Workers is mandatory. Farm owners and their family members are not required to have WCB insurance; however, you can purchase personal or Optional Coverage for yourself or family members who work on the farm.

The WCB provides coverage for workers in many kinds of farms and agriculture businesses, including:

  • Crop production
  • Livestock, dairy, hog or poultry farming
  • Beekeeping
  • Hatcheries
  • Greenhouses, nurseries and market gardening

Download the Coverage for Contract Workers Fact Sheet




Content Type