When a communicable disease, such as COVID-19 is present in the community, the general population is at risk of
contracting the virus through their daily activities.


Most instances of COVID-19 are not work related. However, if you experience symptoms and believe you may have contracted the COVID -19 virus as a direct result of your employment, please contact our offices at 204-954-4321 or email us at wcb@wcb.mb.ca


The WCB Manitoba adjudicates work relatedness and benefit entitlement based on the specific and unique circumstances of each individual case.


It can be overwhelming to know what to do if you’re hurt at work. If it happens, follow these simple steps to report your injury, get medical treatment and claim workers compensation benefits.


1. Report the injury to your supervisor

Tell your supervisor right away that you were hurt at work. Your supervisor may ask you to complete a form with information about the injury. If your employer does not have a form for you, please complete the Notice of Injury to Employer form.

Please note that your employer will also report your injury to the WCB.


2. Go to a healthcare provider

Get the medical treatment you need. When you do, let your healthcare provider know you were hurt at work. The doctor will complete some paperwork which will help the WCB to make decisions on your claim and manage your injury.


3. Report your Injury to the WCB

If you miss time from work or see a healthcare provider because you are hurt at work, call the WCB at 204-954-4321 or toll-free 1-855-954-4321.

A WCB representative will take your injury details and other information. As well, we have translation services available to help you speak to a WCB representative in the language of your choice.

You can report your injury by phone from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays).

Additionally, you can report an injury to the WCB by filling out the Worker Online Incident Report. This application is secure, and available to report a workplace injury 24/7. Please note you will require JavaScript enabled on your web browser. 

You can also download the Worker Incident Report to send by fax or mail. If needed, the paper forms are available by calling 204-954-4321 or toll-free at 1-855-954-4321.

Fax:                                                  Mail:
204-954-4999                               Workers Compensation Board of MB
Toll free: 1-877-872-3804            333 Broadway
                                                         Winnipeg, MB R3C 4W3


You can also report your injury online.

Find out what to expect from the WCB claims process 

Content Type