What are the system requirements for the WCB Online Incident Reporting System?
The system requirements for WCB's Online Incident Reporting System include:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0
- Cookies enabled on your web browser
- Internet Account
- 800x600 display resolution, 1024 X 768 display resolution recommended
If your computer system does not meet any of the above requirements, a screen is displayed when you log on informing you of the minimum criteria and a list of messages that describe what part of your system does not meet the requirements.
While there is no minimum Internet connection speed required, faster connection speeds will provide better performance.
How do I "sign" an electronic Incident Report?
No signature is required. Signature authority is verified during the registration process.
If I register to use the Online Incident Reporting System, can I still submit Incident Reports via phone, fax, or mail?
Absolutely! The Online Incident Reporting System is only one method for communicating information to WCB.
When can I use the Online Incident Reporting System?
WCB's Online Incident Reporting System is available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The WCB Technical Support Team is available to assist you from Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM (except on statutory holidays). System and support availability is subject to change.
How often do I have to change my password and how do I do it?
For security purposes, you must change your password on your initial log on and every 12 months afterwards. You can also change your password anytime you want. Changing your password is a very simple process.
To change your password:
- Check the Change Password box on the Log on screen. (When you are required to change your password, the Change Password screen will automatically be displayed.) The Change your password screen will be displayed.
- In the Current Password field, enter your current password.
- In the New Password and Re-enter New Password fields, enter your new password.
- If you have entered an invalid password, an error message is displayed at the top of the screen.
What passwords can I use?
The following list contains the password rules for the WCB Online Services:
- Use unusual passwords. Never use familiar names such as the names of your children or the name of your company as passwords.
- Your initial password will be a randomly generated, 6-character password. You must change this initial password the first time you log on to the system.
- The following table describes the rules for subsequent passwords:
How do I change, add or delete registered user access for my organization?
To update user information, your organization's Security Administrator will need to advise the WCB Technical Support Team at 954-4803 in Winnipeg or toll free at 1-866-751-9245.
I can't log on to the Online Incident Reporting System, what do I do?
Contact the WCB Technical Support Team at 954-4803 in Winnipeg or toll free at 1-866-751-9245.
How do I register to use the WCB Online Incident Reporting system?
The first step to using the Online Incident Reporting System is to become a registered user. For security purposes, your organization can elect to assign an administrator(s) who can register all of the users within your organization. This person will become the Organization Administrator for your organization.
When contacting the WCB Technical Support Team to register your organization’s users, the Security Administratior will need the name, phone number and email address of all the users they wish to register.
The Security Administrator will also need the following information for each of the WCB-registered firms in your organization:
- the WCB Account Number
- the WCB Industry Code and corresponding rate
- the last reported annual estimated payroll
- identify the registered user(s) who are to receive an email to notify your organization in case a claim is initiated by another party
This information is required to confirm that you are an authorized staff person of your organization and makes the registration process smoother. The required WCB information can be found on your:
- Account Statement
- Annual Payroll Form
To register, phone the WCB Technical Support Team at 954-4803 in Winnipeg or toll free at 1-866-751-9245. A WCB Technical Support Team Member will help you register all of the users for your organization.
Users will receive an email indicating that they have been set up to access Online Services.
Question:Can I send a file containing incident information to the WCB?
Answer:WCB's Online Incident Reporting now has the ability to accept a file containing incident information, so you won’t have to retype information with each report you submit. Employers who track incidents and record information in their own systems may benefit from this feature of online reporting.
If you can extract information about a specific incident from your systems, and save it into a file, you may be able to upload that file to fill in an employer report.
The file you upload to the Online Reporting Incident System must be of a certain type and format. The specification for this format is available for download. Please note that this specification was changed in July 2009. If you had downloaded the previous version, please use this new version.
Question:What do I need to do to take advantage of the file upload feature?
Answer:To take advantage of this feature, you must:
- be a registered user of the Online Incident Reporting System
- have an internal system of tracking incident information
- have the ability to create a file that adheres to WCB file specifications
Can I still edit an incident report if I upload information using a file?
Answer:Yes, reports created from uploaded files should be reviewed for accuracy, and may be edited as needed before saving or submitting the report.
How do I get more detailed assistance in using the WCB Online Incident Reporting System?
If you require claim-related assistance with the Online Incident Reporting System, please contact the Claim Information Centre at 1-800-362-3340. The Claim Information Centre is available to you Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
If you require technical assistance with the Online Incident Reporting System, please contact the WCB Technical Support Team at 954-4803 in Winnipeg or toll free at 1-866-751-9245. The WCB Technical Support Team is available to assist you from Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM (except on statutory holidays).