Hurt at Work? - How to Report an Injury

The Workers Compensation Act requires employers to provide the WCB with a fully completed Employers Report of Injury within 5 business days of becoming aware of a workplace injury. Learn more about the claims process and how to report an injury.

Hurt at Work? - How to Report an Injury


Accessing Your Information from the WCB

Watch the Reporting Injuries Videos in Seven Languages

Video: Call the WCB (information for newcomer and immigrant workers in English)

1. Report the injury to your employer as soon as possible. If your employer does not have a form for you to complete, please complete the Notice of Injury to Employer form. Your employer must also report the injury to the WCB within 5 days of the day of the injury or within 5 days of the day you advised your employer of the injury, whichever is sooner.

2. If you miss time from work or see a healthcare provider because of a work-related injury, report the injury to the WCB by phone, fax or mail.

By phone:

Call us in Winnipeg at 204-954-4100, and a Claim Information Representative will take injury details. Outside Winnipeg, call toll free, 1-855-954-4321.

By fax:

Fax your completed Workers' Report of Injury Form to the WCB at 204-954-4999, or toll free outside of Winnipeg 1-877-872-3804.

By mail:

Mail your completed Workers' Report of Injury Form to the WCB at the following address:

The Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba
333 Broadway
Winnipeg MB R3C 4W3

The forms can be filled out on your computer or you can obtain the paper forms by calling 204-954-4922.

3. Be sure to get medical attention. Let your doctor know that you will be making a claim with us. Your doctor will then complete a medical report on your injury and fax it to us at 204-954-4999 or toll free outside Winnipeg at 1-877-872-3804.

4. Keep in contact with your employer and let them know how you're recovering. Keeping in touch can really help to ease your return to work.

5. Be sure to follow the advice of your medical professional. Take your medications and participate in any physical rehabilitation programs they prescribe. An active recovery is the best way to minimize the negative effects of your injury. Your WCB benefits may be stopped if you aren't following your doctor's treatment plan.


For more information, view our Reporting an Injury booklet

Get information on how to appeal

Did this page give you the information you expected?: 
Average: 5 (1 vote)