How do I determine the labour portion of a contract when hiring deemed workers and defaulting subcontractors?

For calculation examples, labour percentage and rates, refer to the 2011 Assessment Rates.  For more information, refer to the Coverage for Contract Labour fact sheet.

Knowledge Base Categories: 

My Contact Person is Changing

Did you know that you can add additional authorized contacts to your employer account at any time? 

When you first registered your employer account with the WCB, the person registering it was automatically listed as your authorized contact. Your authorized contact has access to your WCB information, and can make changes to your account information.

I am Hiring a Contractor

If you are hiring a contractor to do work for your business, it is your responsibility as an employer to make sure that the contractor has WCB coverage – either classified under their own business or under yours.

I am Hiring Out-of-Province Workers

If you are hiring out-of-province workers to complete a job located in Manitoba, you need to make sure that they have WCB coverage.

You are responsible for ensuring coverage is in place for all your workers and contractors. If your contractors are not registered with the WCB, coverage becomes your responsibility.

Learn more about applying for WCB coverage for out-of-province workers.

Learn more about WCB coverage for contractors.


Subscribe to Employers