The Online Employer Registration application is the first step towards purchasing coverage.
It’s a secure Internet application that allows you to begin the process of registering your business with the WCB.
The Online Employer Registration takes approximately five to 10 minutes to complete and you only need to provide the information one time. You can complete the registration request at your convenience (it is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week).
When you complete the online process, your information is submitted to the WCB Assessment Services Department. They will review your information and follow up with you to let you know your status with the WCB.
To find out more about this new service, please refer to the Online Employer Registration Frequently Asked Questions.
If you prefer to register your business over the phone, please call 204-954-4505 or toll free 1-800-362-3340, ext. 4505 to speak to someone directly.
To register for Clearances and other WCB Online Services, call the WCB Technical Support Team at 204-954-4803 in Winnipeg or toll free at 1-866-751-9245. A WCB Technical Support Team Member will help you register all of the users for your organization.
NOTE: While most businesses in Manitoba are required to register for workers compensation, there are some legislated exclusions such as accounting firms, collection agencies, insurance companies, hairdressers, travel agencies, etc. Regardless of the type of business, we recommend you complete the Online Employer Registration. If we determine that your business does not require coverage, we will provide you with information on other options available to you.
Learn more about:
- Mandatory vs. Optional Coverage
- Coverage for Business Owners
- Online Employer Registration
- Purchasing a Business
- Appealing an Assessment Decision
Related Fact Sheets and Publications
- Alternative Assessment for Interjurisdictional Trucking Fact Sheet
- Appealing an Assessment Decision Fact Sheet
- Coverage for Contract Workers Fact Sheet
- Coverage for the Farming Industry Fact Sheet
- Fines and Penalties Fact Sheet
- Production Companies Fact Sheet
- Personal Coverage for Business Owners Fact Sheet
Related Policies and Guidelines
- Policy 31.05.05, Rate Setting for the General Body of Employers (Employers in Class E)
- Policy 31.05.20, Transfer of Employer Cost Experience on Change of Ownership
- Policy 35.05.10, Reporting and Verifying Payroll
- Policy 35.05.20, Paying and Refunding Premiums
- Policy 35.10.40, Compensation Coverage for Union Activities
- Policy 35.10.50, Status of Workers - Independent Contractors and Employers
- Policy 35.10.60, Coverage Under a Work Experience Program
- Policy 35.10.70, Coverage for Volunteers
- Policy 35.10.120, Terms and Conditions of Optional and Personal Coverage